Why should you hire a photographer for a Fresh 48?
You’ve just forked out for baby items, clothes, and you’re expecting a bill after baby’s birth. And who knows what else you might realize you need once baby is here! Add in any unpaid time off of work and I bet you’re looking at your current iPhone or Galaxy and thinking, “Fresh 48?! When I have this top notch camera?! That’s an easy one to knock off this never ending expense list.”
Let me give it to you straight. Don’t knock Fresh 48 imagery off the list. You will regret it. I regret it. I didn’t have a Fresh 48 photographer for my first baby, because hey, I’m a photographer and I can do this myself. Wrong. Even though I had all the right equipment, I’m not in the photos when I take them. I was tired, and sore. I should have snuggled my baby, and I should have hired someone to photograph me snuggling my baby. That’s the memory I truly wanted to capture. And I promise, you’ll feel the same way once the chaos dies down. It may not feel super important to you now, but my heart breaks when I think about how I don’t have images of me and my first born together. I hear it all the time from other parents….they would have passed on that back up bouncer or layette set they never used and invested those funds in photography services in a heartbeat. I promise you, the last thing you want on your plate after the whirlwind of welcoming new baby is conducting your own session with a cell phone. This is the time to rest if you just had your baby and focus on your newest love. If you didn’t just have the baby, then this is your time to help your partner to the restroom, hold baby so she can get a quick minute of sleep, go out to the car and set up the car seat, finish filling out the discharge paperwork and birth certificate information, assist while the hearing test is conducted, grab water and a nursing pillow for your lady….I could go on. But most importantly, you need to be in the pictures with your brand new baby and that incredible woman who brought baby into this world with you.
So why should you hire a Fresh 48 photographer? A brief recap if you will:
1) You may be qualified, but you DESERVE to be in these pictures. Let someone else do the photographing. Think about it, who’s in the most meaningful images of you from your childhood?
2) You deserve to be resting and focusing on baby, and less on photographing baby. If you’re not delivering baby, you should be focused on supporting the person who delivered baby, in addition to baby.
3) You will regret not documenting the tiny tiny fresh details…the memories fade quickly and your family deserves high quality pictures of this special time. High quality means prints, tangible memories you can literally hand down in your family.
4) It is comparable in price to a Mamaroo, a carseat, a travel stroller, a co-sleeper, a bassinet…..I could go on. You CAN make this a priority in your baby budget. For a Fresh 48 Mini, we’re literally talking the same price of a Starbucks or White Dog (if you’re me!) coffee for each week of your pregnancy. The choice is yours!
5) A professional has all the top notch equipment (hopefully, I know I do!) to capture the best quality images possible.
I offer payment plans, and gift registries so family members and friends can contribute to your Fresh 48 session. Seriously, take advantage of these options, most people do!
Because a picture is worth a thousand words, I conducted a little experiment for you. From a recent Fresh 48, these are a comparison of images taken from my iPhone and my camera.